VTS Instructional Design
This article proposes the design of a Looma Lesson Planning Template to be used in Instructional_Design
Looma finds an audience having relatively little—or no—experience with technology, and teachers likely to be using technology in the classroom for the first time.
- What directions should be given to teachers?
- What techniques and practices enhance the use of multi-media? How is a slideshow best implemented?
- What instructions should proceed the playing of a video? (i.e., Should learners be instructed to make notes during its playback?)
How can a Looma lesson enhance a student's engagement in the learning process? How do we move from the instructor centered approach to a learner centered approach?
A Looma lesson plan should aim to
- identify relevant teaching practices (i.e., "wait time" for hands raised)
- explore the particular needs of the target audience
- produce clear and concise directions for the teacher, for each lesson
...to ensure the desired outcomes.
Lesson Plan Template (DRAFT)
- What is missing?
- What would you change?
|Looma Lesson Template|
|Topic or Objective|
|Instructional Activities||Activities to be used; what the instructor will do; what students will do, and how.|
|Assessment||What activity will be used to assess learning at the culmination of the unit?|
|Last Updated: Nov 17|
- Grade Level, Subject Area & Topic
- Focus: - Lessons should address specific learning objectives while integrating Looma features (interactive games, videos, images, songs, even the existing text books)
- Objective: Create lesson plans and activities that exploit Looma's features
- Academic Motivation: How is your instructional goal relevant to your learners?
- What is the overall purpose for the learning and teaching that will happen in this unit?
- What do you want the learners to know and be able to do?
- State what learners will be able to do at the conclusion of your instructional unit.
- Pre-Instruction: How will you introduce your unit? Provide a brief description.
- Instructional Activities:
- For each of the goals you identified in the Overview section of this document, briefly describe the activities you will use, stating what the instructor will do, and what students will do, and how.
- Please note that this collection of activities should not be exhaustive. This is not a lesson plan! This section should provide a snapshot of the range of activities you will use to achieve your goals.
- Assessible End Product/Activity:
- What activity will you use to assess learning at the culmination of your unit? (Provide a brief description.)
Planning a Looma lesson
This section addresses English; and, VTS is focused on Class 3, in early stages. Starting at the beginning of the text...
We have Class 3 English Unit 1..."Lilu's Diary"
|Grade Level, Subject Area & Topic||Class 3 English Unit 1 "Lilu's Diary"|
- prior knowledge differs from that of Western students (how?)
- classes with a range of Class levels (grades)
- language learning (English) interrupts the progression we might typically expect in the West